- Need tech help quikk
- September 10th, 2007
1. This morning my laptop was OK.
2. I went to my course, tried to load it up, said FAN ERROR and turned off. Continued to say that.
3. Came home, called IBM, said I should order new fan. I did, they said they can install it in 10-14 days.
(3.5 Went to Vapiano with Wya to have lunch yum.)
4. Came home, disassembled laptop as per official IBM .pdf. Got dust out of fan and other parts of the laptop. It turned on, fan whirred. OS runs, backed stuff up. More silent than usual though.
5. Ever since the laptop works, fan whirs up on OS start, but then I don't hear the usual whirring. But everything works and the laptop is quite cold!
So now how do I know whether it's safe to use my computer or not? I have important meeting tomorrow at PAX and then on Wednesday so I need to work but I'm afraid to. IBM guys went home at four, so what do I do now?